In this post we write about making of the hydraulic electromagnetic crane working model science project exhibition – diy – simple
Creating a hydraulic electromagnetic crane working model using syringes, cardboard, chopsticks, a 9V battery, copper wire, and a nail is a complex but engaging project that combines hydraulic and electromagnetic principles. Here’s how you can build this model:
Materials You’ll Need:
- Cardboard sheets (for the base and structure)
- Syringes (to represent hydraulic cylinders)
- Chopsticks (to act as the crane arm and hook)
- 9V battery
- Copper wire
- Nail (to create an electromagnet)
- Craft knife or scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Craft supplies for decoration (markers, stickers, etc.)
Step by Step Video Description on hydraulic electromagnetic crane working model
- Prepare the Base:
- Cut a piece of cardboard to use as the base of your model.
- Create the Crane Structure:
- Use additional pieces of cardboard to build the structure of your crane.
- Attach two syringes horizontally to the structure using hot glue. These will act as hydraulic cylinders for lifting and lowering the crane arm.
- Construct the Crane Arm and Hook:
- Use chopsticks to create the crane arm and hook mechanism.
- Attach the chopsticks to the hydraulic cylinders so that they can move up and down.
- Create the Electromagnet:
- Wind copper wire around the nail to create a coil. Leave enough wire to connect it to the battery.
- Attach the ends of the wire to the terminals of the 9V battery to create an electromagnet.
- Attach the Electromagnet to the Crane Arm:
- Attach the nail (with the wire coil) to the crane arm using hot glue.
- Ensure that the nail can move up and down with the crane arm.
- Model Interaction:
- Use the syringes to pump water into the hydraulic cylinders to lift the crane arm.
- When the arm is lifted, activate the electromagnet using the 9V battery.
- The electromagnet should attract and hold onto magnetic materials like paperclips or small metal objects.
- Decorate the crane structure and the base with craft supplies to make it visually appealing.
This model combines hydraulic power and electromagnetic force to simulate the functioning of a crane. It’s an advanced project that offers insights into the practical applications of different principles in engineering and physics.
#hydraulic #electromagnetic #electromagnetism #electromagnet #crane #workingmodel #workingproject #working #scienceexhibition #sciencefair #scienceproject