In this video post I am providing the information on how to make the drip irrigation system working model for science exhibition – science project – diy – simple and easy using paper cups
Creating a drip irrigation working model using paper cups for plants, a water bottle for the water tank with a stand, a plastic tray for the water well, a DC water pump, a 9V battery, and waste sketch pens as water flow pipes is a creative way to demonstrate efficient irrigation techniques.
Here’s how you can build this model:
Materials You’ll Need:
- Paper cups (for plants)
- Water bottle (for water tank)
- Plastic tray (for water well)
- DC water pump
- 9V battery
- Waste sketch pens (for water flow pipes)
- Cardboard or sturdy base
- Craft knife or scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Craft supplies for decoration (markers, stickers, etc.)
Video Steps on Drip irrigation working model
- Prepare the Base:
- Use a cardboard sheet as the base for your model.
- Set Up Water Tank:
- Attach the water bottle to a stand on the base using hot glue.
- Position it higher than the plants to allow water flow.
- Create Water Well:
- Place the plastic tray on the base to represent the water well.
- This will catch excess water from the drip system.
- Install DC Water Pump:
- Attach the DC water pump inside the water well using hot glue.
- Connect the pump to the 9V battery using appropriate wires.
- Construct Drip System:
- Cut the waste sketch pens to create pipes that deliver water to the plants.
- Attach one end of each pen to the water pump outlet and position the other end above the plants.
- Add Paper Cup Planters:
- Cut the top portion of the paper cups and poke small holes in the bottom for drainage.
- Place the paper cups under the ends of the sketch pens to catch dripping water.
- Decorate the base, water tank, water well, and plants with craft supplies to make it visually appealing.
- Turn on the DC water pump to simulate water being pumped from the water tank to the plants through the sketch pen pipes.
This drip irrigation model effectively demonstrates how drip systems deliver water directly to plant roots, conserving water and promoting efficient irrigation. It’s an educational and interactive way to learn about sustainable agriculture practices.
#dripirrigation #dripirrigationsystem #workingmodel #scienceexhibition #sciencefair #scienceproject #diy #diypandit #papercups