In this video post I have written the detailed steps instructions on how to make the water well for school science project – diy – science exhibition – new design
Creating a water well with a house using cardboard, colored paper, plants, a pulley, a plastic bottle, and thread is a creative way to illustrate a simple mechanism for water retrieval. Here’s how you can build this model:
Materials You’ll Need:
- Cardboard sheets (for base, structure, and objects)
- Colored paper (for representing objects and details)
- Miniature plants or trees (for landscaping)
- Pulley system (you can make it using small wheels and thread)
- Plastic bottle (to simulate the water well)
- Craft knife or scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Craft supplies for decoration (markers, stickers, etc.)
Video steps by steps instructions on water well school project
- Prepare the Base:
- Cut a piece of cardboard to use as the base of your model.
- Create the House and Well Structure:
- Cut and assemble cardboard pieces to create the structure of the house and the well.
- Attach the house and well components to the base using hot glue.
- Add Details and Landscaping:
- Use colored paper to add windows, doors, and other details to the house.
- Glue miniature plants or trees around the base to create a realistic landscape.
- Set Up the Pulley System:
- Attach the pulley system to the structure, allowing a thread to run from the plastic bottle to a point above the well structure.
- Attach the Plastic Bottle:
- Attach the plastic bottle to the thread and pulley system to simulate a bucket for water retrieval.
- Decorate the house structure, base, and surroundings with craft supplies to make it visually appealing.
- Use the pulley system to lower and raise the plastic bottle (simulating the bucket) into the well structure.
- Discuss the concept of drawing water from a well using a pulley system.
This model effectively demonstrates a simple method of water retrieval using a well and a pulley system. It’s an engaging and educational way to learn about traditional methods of water access and how they can be represented through creative models.
#waterwell #schoolproject #scienceproject #scienceexhibition #sciencefair #newdesign #pulley #pulleymodel #waterwellmaking