In this topic, we are going to show you how to build a sugarcane agriculture model for your science project or exhibitions.
Sugarcane factory is a sugar refinery which is used to process sugar cane to produce white or raw sugar.
It refers to equipment that crushes sticks of sugar cane to extract the juice.
Sugar manufacturing process flow
Processing of sugarcane involves various steps like
- Cane receiving and unloading (Getting the cane to the factory and unloading it from transport vehicles)
- Cane preparation (Shredding and cutting cane to prepare for juice extraction)
- Juice extraction (milling or diffusion technique)
- Juice clarification (extraction of suspended solids like mud, waxes, and fibers from juice)
- Juice evaporation (concentrate the juice to a thick syrup),
- Syrup clarification(extract suspended solids from syrup which is mainly mud, waxes, fibers, etc.),
- Crystallization, Centrifugation (Centrifugal machines helps to separation out sugar crystals from mother liquor),
- Sugar drying and finally packaging and delivery.
White sugar is produced by adding color removal (sulphitation) between juice clarification and the juice evaporation stages of producing raw sugar from the cane.
Step by Step Video to Build Sugar cane Agriculture Model
In this video, we will show you the step by steps to build sugarcane agriculture at home by taking help freely from your parents.
Materials Used to Build Sugarcane Agriculture Model
- White, Color Chart Paper
- Butter paper
- Card Board
- Paint brush
- Hot Glue Gun
- Waste Boxes to get cardboard
- Scissor to Cut
Questions & Answers on Sugarcane Factory and Agriculture Model
1. Where is sugar cane grown in the world?
Sugarcane mainly grows in tropical and sub-tropical areas.
2. How many sugar factories are there in India?
453 sugar mills (252 mill’s from the Co-operative sector and 134 Mills from the private sector) are there in India.
3. How is sugar cane transported to the factory?
Sugarcane is transported to various factories using trucks or through rail transport.
4. How is sugar obtained from sugarcane?
First sugarcane is cut into small pieces, crushed to extract juices, sugar rich solution is boiled to thick syrup to which some tiny sugar seeds crystals are added to grow to larger crystals of raw sugar.
5. Which country is largest producer of sugarcane?
Highest produces of sugarcane in the world is “Brazil” with 25% of world sugar.
Sugarcane factories have adopted automation for sugar refineries which has helped in a large production of sugar with ease, purity and efficiently saving both time and money to human beings.