In this post we write about making of kidney working model | inspire award science project – diy
Creating a kidney working model using two plastic bottles as kidneys and a funnel as the gallbladder can be an engaging and informative project.
This model will represent the basic functions of the kidneys and the gallbladder. Let’s build a simple kidney model with two plastic bottles and a funnel, using cardboard as a holder.
- Two plastic bottles (empty and clean)
- A funnel
- Cardboard (for creating the holder)
- Glue or tape
- Water (for simulation purposes)
- Cardboard Holder:
- Cut out a piece of cardboard large enough to hold both plastic bottles and the funnel securely.
- Create slots or holes in the cardboard to insert and stabilize the bottles and funnel. The cardboard holder should resemble a stand.
- Bottles and Funnel Placement:
- Place one plastic bottle at the left side of the cardboard holder, and another at the right side.
- Insert the funnel into the neck of one of the plastic bottles. This bottle represents the gallbladder.
- Connecting Tubes:
- Create tubes using flexible plastic or straws to connect the neck of both plastic bottles to simulate the ureters (tubes that carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder).
- Filtration Simulation:
- Pour water into the top of both plastic bottles (representing blood entering the kidneys).
- As the water flows down through the connecting tubes, this represents filtration of waste products and excess water from the blood in the kidneys.
- Funnel as Gallbladder:
- The funnel inserted into one of the plastic bottles will represent the gallbladder, where bile is stored.
- Reabsorption and Secretion Simulation:
- To simulate reabsorption and secretion processes, add different colored liquids (representing waste products and bile) into the funnel (gallbladder).
- These liquids will mix with the filtered water in the kidneys to represent the formation of urine.
- Urine Collection:
- Place a container at the bottom of the plastic bottles’ opening (representing the urinary bladder) to collect the urine.
- Labeling and Details:
- Use markers or labels to indicate the different parts of the model, such as kidneys, gallbladder (funnel), ureters, and urinary bladder.
- Decorating the Model:
- Use markers or color paper to decorate the model and add more details to make it visually appealing.
Now, you have a simplified working model of the kidneys and gallbladder using two plastic bottles and a funnel, representing the basic processes of filtration, reabsorption, and urine formation. This model can be a helpful visual aid to understand the functions of the kidneys and the gallbladder in the excretory system. It’s an interactive and creative way to learn about these essential organs and their roles in maintaining the body’s balance.
#kidneyworkingmodel #kidneymodel #craftpiller #diy #scienceproject #inspireaward #scienceexhibition #biologymodel #zoologymodel