Creating crafts for Kannada Rajyotsava with the Karnataka map and diya can be a wonderful way to celebrate the occasion. Here’s a craft idea that incorporates both elements:
- Cardstock or thick paper (in red, yellow for Karnataka)
- White paper or tracing paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Glue or double-sided tape
- Small diya or tea light candle
- Colored markers or pens (optional, for decoration)
- Small craft mirrors (optional, for embellishment)
Steps by Step Guide :
- Draw the Karnataka Map:
- On the green cardstock, draw or print out an outline of the Karnataka map. If you’re not confident in drawing it freehand, you can find printable maps online to use as a template.
- Cut Out the Map:
- Carefully cut along the outline of the Karnataka map.
- Diya Placement:
- Decide where you want to place the diya on the map. This could be at a significant city or landmark in Karnataka.
- Create Diya Holder:
- On a piece of yellow or red cardstock, draw and cut out a small holder for the diya. It should be large enough to securely hold the diya in place.
- Attach the Diya Holder:
- Glue or tape the diya holder to the chosen spot on the map.
- Diya Decoration (Optional):
- If you like, decorate the diya with colored markers or small craft mirrors to add some sparkle.
- Add Details:
- Use white paper or tracing paper to add labels for important cities or landmarks around the map. Write the names in Kannada if possible.
- Assemble the Craft:
- Glue the Karnataka map onto a larger piece of cardstock (either red or yellow) to create a background.
- Light the Diya:
- Once everything is secure, carefully place a small diya or tea light candle in the holder. Light it to add a warm and celebratory touch.
- Display and Enjoy:
- Find a special place to display your craft, and let it be a centerpiece for your Kannada Rajyotsava celebration.
Enjoy your craft and celebrate Kannada Rajyotsava in a special way!