In this post we write about making of hydro electricity working model for science exhibition – diy – inspire award science project | DIY pandit
Creating a hydroelectricity working model using a DC motor, bottle caps, pop sticks to make a wheel, and a water-powered setup is a fascinating way to demonstrate the generation of electricity from water flow. Here’s how you can build this model:
Materials You’ll Need:
- DC motor (generator)
- Bottle caps (to create a wheel)
- Pop sticks or wooden sticks
- Small plastic bottle (to hold water)
- Plastic tray (for setup)
- Craft knife or scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Craft supplies for decoration (markers, stickers, etc.)
Step by Step Making of hydro electricity working model for science exhibition – diy
- Prepare the Base:
- Use the plastic tray as the base for your model.
- Create the Wheel:
- Attach bottle caps to the pop sticks evenly spaced to create the wheel.
- Glue the pop sticks to the bottle caps securely.
- Attach Wheel to DC Motor:
- Attach the wheel to the shaft of the DC motor using hot glue.
- Make sure the wheel can rotate freely when the motor is powered.
- Set Up the Water Flow:
- Create a water flow setup using the small plastic bottle.
- Position the bottle above the wheel, allowing water to flow onto the wheel’s paddles.
- Model Interaction:
- Pour water into the small plastic bottle to create a flow.
- The water flow will cause the wheel to rotate, which in turn generates electricity through the DC motor.
- Decorate the setup, wheel, and base with craft supplies to enhance its appearance.
This model effectively demonstrates the basic concept of hydroelectricity generation, where water flow is used to turn a turbine-like structure, which then generates electricity. It’s a simple yet engaging way to learn about renewable energy sources and how they are harnessed to produce power.
#hydroelectricity #hydroelectric #workingmodel #scienceproject #scienceexhibition #sciencefair #diy #diypandit #inspireaward #inspireawardproject