In this article we show you how to make solar irrigation working model science project
#solarirrigation #workingmodel #scienceproject #diy #howtofunda #howtomake #inspire #inspireaward
Creating a solar irrigation working model is a fantastic way to understand how solar energy can be harnessed to power an irrigation system for watering plants or crops.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making a basic solar irrigation working model:
Materials you will need:
- Small water pump (submersible or surface pump)
- Solar panel
- Rechargeable battery
- PVC pipes or flexible tubing
- Small container (as a water reservoir)
- Small plants or pots (to be watered)
- Clear plastic hose or drip irrigation tubing (optional, for more precise watering)
- Cardboard or a sturdy base
- Hot glue gun or adhesive putty
- Wire connectors and electrical wires
- Set up the base:
- Prepare the cardboard or a sturdy base to serve as the foundation for your solar irrigation working model.
- Create the water reservoir:
- Place a small container on the base to act as the water reservoir. This is where the water will be stored.
- Install the water pump:
- Attach the water pump inside the water reservoir. If it’s a submersible pump, submerge it in the water. If it’s a surface pump, position it at the bottom of the reservoir, and connect the inlet hose to the pump.
- Position the solar panel:
- Mount the solar panel on the base, ideally at an angle facing the sun for maximum sunlight exposure.
- Connect the solar panel to the pump:
- Connect the solar panel’s positive and negative terminals to the water pump’s positive and negative terminals using electrical wires and wire connectors. This allows the solar panel to power the water pump.
- Install the irrigation pipes/tubing:
- Connect PVC pipes or flexible tubing to the water pump’s outlet. You can use clear plastic hoses or drip irrigation tubing for more precise watering of plants.
- Place the plants or pots:
- Arrange the small plants or pots around the base. These are the plants that will be watered by the solar irrigation system.
- Test the solar irrigation working model:
- Place the solar panel under direct sunlight and observe as the water pump starts operating, watering the plants through the irrigation pipes or tubing.
This simple model demonstrates how solar energy can power a water pump, providing an eco-friendly and sustainable solution for irrigating plants or crops. It’s a great educational project to learn about renewable energy and its applications in practical systems like irrigation.