In this post we have given about biology project on how to make human respiratory system ( lungs ) working model using waste materials – diy howtofunda
Creating a lungs working model using straw pipes and a hand wash plastic cover is an excellent way to understand the basic mechanics of the respiratory system.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making the model:
Materials you will need:
- Hand wash plastic cover (empty and clean)
- Plastic straws
- Tape or adhesive putty
- Rubber bands
- Step-by-step instructions:
- Prepare the hand wash plastic cover:
- Take an empty and clean hand wash plastic cover. This will represent the chest cavity.
- Create the “airways”:
- Cut several plastic straws to different lengths to represent the bronchial tubes and bronchioles. Arrange them inside the plastic cover to resemble the airways in the lungs.
- Attach the balloons:
- Inflate a few balloons to represent the lungs. Use rubber bands to secure the balloons to the openings of the straws. Each balloon should be attached to a straw.
- Secure the balloons in place:
- Use tape or adhesive putty to secure the straws and balloons inside the plastic cover. Make sure the balloons stay in place and don’t come off when you squeeze the plastic cover.
- Test the lungs working model:
- Hold the plastic cover with one hand and gently squeeze it. As you squeeze the cover, the balloons should deflate, simulating the exhalation process.
- Release the pressure on the plastic cover to allow air to enter, and the balloons should inflate, simulating the inhalation process.
This model provides a simplified representation of the respiratory system and its mechanics. It’s an engaging and interactive way to learn about breathing and lung function.
#lungsworkingmodel #humanlungs #lungsworkingmodel #sciencemodel #scienceproject #respiratorysystem #humanrespiratorysystem #workingmodel #lungs