Creating an eco-friendly house working model with a windmill and solar energy can be an excellent way to demonstrate renewable energy concepts. Here’s a simple guide to help you build such a model:
- Cardboard or foam board (base for the model)
- Small cardboard box (representing the house)
- Solar panel (small, available in hobby stores)
- Small DC motor (for the windmill)
- Small LED lights (for house lighting)
- Toy windmill or create one from cardboard
- Thin wooden sticks or dowels (for windmill blades)
- Glue, tape, and scissors
- Small rechargeable battery
- Paints and brushes (for decoration)
Step by Step Video Instructions on Making Eco friendly house working model:
1. Prepare the Base:
- Use cardboard or foam board as the base for your model. This will serve as the foundation for your eco-friendly house.
2. Build the House:
- Create a simple house structure using the small cardboard box. You can cut out doors and windows and decorate it as you like.
3. Solar Panel Installation:
- Attach the small solar panel to the roof of the house using glue. Ensure it is securely fixed in a position to receive maximum sunlight.
4. Windmill Construction:
- If you’re not using a toy windmill, create one from cardboard. Attach thin wooden sticks or dowels as blades. Connect the windmill to a small DC motor using wires.
5. Connect LED Lights:
- Place LED lights inside the house and connect them to the solar panel. This demonstrates how solar energy can be used for interior lighting.
6. Connect Windmill to the Battery:
- Connect the DC motor from the windmill to a small rechargeable battery. This represents the storage of wind energy.
- Paint and decorate the house and the base to make it visually appealing. You can use eco-friendly paints or materials for decoration.
- Attach the house to the base and position the windmill nearby. Ensure all components are securely fixed.
- Place your eco-friendly house model in a well-lit area to allow the solar panel to absorb sunlight. Observe how the LED lights turn on, simulating the use of solar energy for lighting.
- You can also blow gently on the windmill blades to see how the windmill generates power and charges the battery.
- Demonstrate Functionality:
- During your presentation, explain how the solar panel collects sunlight to power the interior lights and how the windmill generates electricity and stores it in the battery.
- Discuss Renewable Energy:
- Provide information on the benefits of solar and wind energy, emphasizing their renewable and sustainable nature.
- Highlight Eco-Friendly Features:
- Discuss how an eco-friendly house reduces reliance on non-renewable energy sources and minimizes its environmental impact.
- Encourage Sustainable Practices:
- Conclude by encouraging sustainable practices, such as using renewable energy sources and energy-efficient technologies in real-world homes.