A fire detector alarm is a device that is designed to detect the presence of fire and to alert people to the danger of a fire.
Fire detector alarms can be used in homes, offices, schools, and other buildings to help protect people from the dangers of fire.
Steps to make fire detector alarm
A fire detector can be made using a tubelight starter by following these steps:
- Obtain a tubelight starter and remove the plastic cover.
- Inside the tubelight starter, there is a bimetallic strip which bends when exposed to heat. Connect one end of the bimetallic strip to a switch.
- Connect the other end of the switch to a 9V battery.
- Now take a buzzer or alarm, connect one end of it to the positive terminal of the battery and the other end to a resistor.
- Connect the other end of the resistor to the negative terminal of the battery and the other end of the bimetallic strip.
- When the bimetallic strip is heated, it bends and completes the circuit, causing the alarm to sound.
- To test the circuit, you can use a heat gun or a lighter to heat the bimetallic strip. If the circuit is working correctly, the alarm should sound when the bimetallic strip is heated.