What is dialysis?
Dialysis is a medical treatment that uses a machine to filter waste and extra fluids from the blood of someone whose kidneys are not functioning properly.
The two main types of dialysis are hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. Hemodialysis uses a machine to clean the blood outside of the body, while peritoneal dialysis uses the lining of the patient’s abdomen (the peritoneum) as a natural filter.
Both types of dialysis use a semipermeable membrane to filter waste and extra fluids from the blood. The purified blood is then returned to the patient’s body.
A patient’s blood is taken out of the body through a small tube in the arm, called a catheter or a fistula, which is connected to the dialysis machine.
The blood is then filtered through a semipermeable membrane in the machine, which removes waste and extra fluids.
The cleaned blood is then returned to the patient’s body through the same tube.
The whole process typically takes around 3-5 hours, and is usually done 3 times a week.
steps by steps to make a basic dialysis model:
- You will need cardboard, scissors, a ruler, glue,iv set , plastic bottles, containers, dc motor and any other materials you want to use to decorate or label your model.
- Sketch out a rough design of your hemodialysis machine on a piece of cardboard and paper. This will help you figure out how big your model will be and what components you want to include.
- Use cardboard to cut out the different parts of your model. This might include the dialysis machine itself, hand, the blood tubing, and the catheter or fistula.
- Use glue to assemble the pieces of your model together.
- Use paint or other materials to decorate your model and add labels to indicate different parts of the dialysis machine.
Video steps on making the dialysis working model
What is hemodialysis and how does it work?
Hemodialysis is a medical treatment used to remove waste products and excess fluids from the blood of individuals with kidney failure.
It is performed using a machine that filters the blood through a semipermeable membrane, which separates the waste products from the blood. The clean blood is then returned to the body.
What are the main components of a hemodialysis machine?
The main components of a hemodialysis machine include a blood pump, a dialysis solution pump, a dialyzer (the semipermeable membrane), a monitoring system to track the patient’s vital signs, and a system for controlling the flow of blood and dialysis solution.
How often is hemodialysis typically administered?
Hemodialysis is typically administered three times a week, with each treatment lasting about three to four hours.